Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 55 of 365: GRATITUDE

Happy Thankgiving!!!
I hope that everyone is having an amazing day with family and friends!

On Tuesday morning, I polled my TTh 7am Strictly Strength athletes to see if they wanted to hit a SWOD on Thanksgiving day, and of course, they were all about it!  So, today I was lucky enough to spend the morning with my CrossFit Central/RedBlack Gym family and friends as they cranked out a badass SWOD and then followed it with a 5K fun run.  Honestly, I can't think of a better way to spend the day...I guess the only way it would have been better is if my actual family came down from Wyoming to be a part of the CC community.

It's funny.  This week, as it led up to this day, I found myself wondering why it is that we don't have Thanksgiving on every single day of our lives?  No.  I am not talking about the extreme portions of food, although, that wouldn't be so bad either.  I am talking about GRATITUDE for what we have received in our lives.  Our bodies and the amazing potential it holds....The people and the relationships that shape us....The opportunities that arise and offer us the chance to be GREAT! 
  
My point here is that  the GRATITUDE that we celebrate on one special day of the year can be recreated every day to build a beautiful, powerful life! 
Doesn't that sound EXTRAORDINARY!?!

So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving Day, and the many days after it, I have put together a quick video that I would love to share with you!  
Check it out and see what thoughts and feelings it may spark.
All I can say is that we truly have a lot to be grateful for.
 

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful for all the awesome programming and energy Travis provides as well as the great crew I get to work out with every Tuesday and Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grateful to be a part of your class..it's a positive environment that translates through the rest of my day!

    ReplyDelete