Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 51 of 365: What I Do On A Sunday...

What's up everyone!!!
Hope your weekend was packed full of awesome!

I'm sitting here in front of my computer, mowing down some leftover Salt Lick BBQ(Go ahead, be jealous), and I gotta say...
Today was a really good day!!!
I was able to sleep in for the first time in as long as I can remember!
I then met up with some CC coaches and friends at Red Black Gym for some heavy lifting; my favorite kind!
During our SWOD, we had the option to do box squats and/or back squats for 4 sets of 10 at a heavy load.  Let me just say this, if you monsters out there want a SWOD that will bust you up...here's one:
4 Rounds
10 Back/Box Squats @ Heavy Load
5 Heavy Bent-Over BB Rows
-THEN-
3-5 Rounds
15 GHD Situps 
25 Band GoodMornings


I know what you're thinking....You think that this doesn't look too bad, right?  
Well, if you load the squats to a challenging weight, the aftermath creates a whole new experience for the remainder of the SWOD.
Test this one out, but be SMART about the movements and loads.  Don't be a jackass and hurt yourself doing something that you may not be ready for.  
Just be SMART!

Finally, before I return to my BBQ(beginning to drool), I wanted to let you know that I am posting this video of the today's SWOD before the box squat video simply so that you'll have more viewing exposure to the actual movement.  I feel like the more reps you see, the more you'll get out of the lecture and demo video I have of tap for tomorrow. 
Check back here tomorrow for that! 
Until then...Don't bother me...I'm eating!
Hahaha.
Game On!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment