Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 65 of 365: About Me

I did a bit of editing to my blog today.  Just some minor tweaks, but one section I really worked on was my "About Me" tab.  In doing so, I realized that in order for you guys to really trust me and follow my advice, you need to know who I am and what I'm about.  So, this is my effort in sharing that with you all.

Travis Holley
My mission is to add value to the lives of others and impact the world with my knowledge and passion for living powerfully through strength.

I grew up in the wonderful and exciting town of Evanston, Wyoming(look it up).  It was a great town to grow up in, but with not a whole lot to do, I spent most of my time outside causing trouble in the neighborhood or playing sports.  This is where I developed my passion for fitness and an active lifestyle.

My main sport in high school was soccer, but I also wrestled, played hockey and football.  As a high schooler, I was already certain of what I wanted to do for a profession, so I enrolled in Western Wyoming Community College where I was able to start on the road to becoming a personal trainer and coach.  My time here was extremely valuable, and taught me the basics of being a top-level trainer.  I became certified as an ACE personal trainer at the age of 18 and started training college students and professors.
I loved it and was hooked!

I finished my college career at the University of Northern Colorado with a BS in Exercise Science.  While wrapping up my final semester and internship, I was introduced to CrossFit through my mentor, Dennis Marshall.  My first WOD was “Cindy”….I was wrecked!!!
I was also addicted!!!

I soon started the first CrossFit program at the gym of my internship and was able to build it to a successful program that 40 people took part in.  I soon moved to another gym where I started another CrossFit program from the ground up.  This time, we(my staff) developed it to the point that it was the primary source of income for the globo-gym it was housed in!

As a avid CrossFitter, who had drank all the Kool-Aid, I followed CrossFit Central’s website closely.  This turned out to be extremely valuable when the CC staff posted that they were looking for CrossFit Coaches.  I applied, as suggested by my girlfriend, Crystal, and here we are!!!!  It was the best move I could have ever made for myself and my career!
This is where I'm privileged to work
Today, I am a certified Level 2 CrossFit Trainer, certified Underground Strength Coach, certified CrossFit Powerlifting Coach, and CrossFit Mobility certified.
I am responsible for coaching approximately 75 CC clients, training numerous PT clients, creating and running the Strictly Strength program, programming  for and running the Strictly Strength classes, co-training the University of Texas Men's Rugby Team, and training Austin’s elite-level firefighters.

I love what I do!
I am a GIVER!
My mission is to add value to the lives of others and impact the world with my knowledge and passion for living powerfully through strength.  

No comments:

Post a Comment