Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 9 of 365: You Wanna Get Strong?

 
Here's the deal...We all know, or at least we should, that strength training is hard work.  If you are under any other impressions, you're not doing it right.  But, good news!  There is a way to make it just a little less hard!  Would you like to know what that is?
 YOU MUST DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
 By this I mean you must find out what is out there in regards to training methods, specific exercise benefits, nutrition information, etc.  There are literally thousands of sources out there that you and I can easily browse, take what we find compelling, and implement it into our training protocol. 
I'll be honest.  This is how I created my strength training program, Strictly Strength.  I gathered tons of information from the world of strength, took what I liked, and put it in to action in the form of Strictly Strength. Now, this is NOT to say that I am done with my homework.  Not anywhere close.  The fact is that you are never done with your homework...not if you are good at your job, and actually give a $h!t about the product you provide.
My point, by now, should be pretty obvious; If you are serious about your training, you have to do the work outside of the gym, too!
Here is one of the sources that use to read up on new information.
Let it be known, a lot of the stuff on this site is complete bull$h!t.  On the other hand, you can find some valuable tips, tricks, and info.  Let this article(it should sound similar to another strength program you may know about ; )) mark the beginning of your new mental mass gain program!
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment