Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 157 of 365: Create An Arsenal

As a coach at Red Black Gym, I am extremely fortunate to have an arsenal of unique equipment at my disposal. This is both a good and bad thing for my clients.  They are always kept on their toes - never knowing what is coming their way is something that adds another unique aspect of the training I offer. On the other hand, it is a true test of my athlete's character.  Always having to adapt to new and challenging exercises and drills continually tests them in ways that they don't expect.

My point here is that although I had a ton of great equipment, I am always looking at new ways to utilize that equipment to challenge my athletes.  I urge that y'all do the same with your training.  Consistently study and research new ways to implement your current pieces.  Another important and valuable practice to begin ASAP is the ability to build and create your own tools of your trade.  Find ways to build sandbags, dumbells, kettlebells, medballs, etc.  This will build your arsenal and save you some major green!

Check out the SWOD that I put my athlete, Brian, though today!  We used some familiar pieces, but in a way that quickly throws a wrench in the gears.  
Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment