Sunday, January 29, 2012

Days 119 &120 of 365: Playground Warrior

First off, I tried to upload this yesterday afternoon, but for some reason I getting shut-down time after time.  So, that is why there was an absent post for yesterday.
But, I am stoked to share this with you!!!
Michael Winchester and I had the awesome experience of holding a combine for the University of Texas Men's Rugby Team yesterday morning.  Some of UT's best athletes came out to show what they had to offer in hopes of being selected as one of the club's new additions.  There were some absolute studs out there that crushed every test we threw at them, but I will be honest....I was most impressed with the athletic abilities of an unassuming, middle-aged man named Pat.
Pat was wondering around the UT campus while his son was at a swim practice.  Luckily, we were around the playground the same time he was, because the show this man put on was AMAZING!!!  I will just let you see for yourselves, but more importantly than what he did was what he was doing - in the broader sense.  This guy was seeking out ways to stay active and strong, and in doing so, going against the grain of our society.  
Society says that, as you age, you need to be more cautious about the physical activities you engage in... 
BULLSHIT!!! 
This man is a perfect example of why you must continue to push your limits and live like a kid.
 
PEOPLE!!! 
GO AGAINST THE GRAIN!!!
Your life will be so much richer if you do!
Enjoy your Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring in jeans, a button down, and wind-breaker. Great post Travis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!! No special clothes needed, just great skills when training for life. My Krav instructor once told me of a client he once had who would show up to class everday in his street clothes (jeans). When he finally asked him why he refused to wear more forgiving attire (athletic wear) the man replied "If I am ever attacked by thugs, it will probably happen when I'm least expecting it & I'm dressed in my everyday wear...so why not train for it that way". Made sense to me :+)

    ReplyDelete