If you have not noticed(unlikely)...the WODs at CrossFit Central have morphed into a slightly different structure. The "Programming Team"at CC - Big Mike, myself, and Zac Thiel -have implemented a more frequent exposure to the "heavy lifts". Variations of the deadlift, squat, and press have made appearances on a weekly basis........The results are profound!!!
It should be fairly obvious to all that increasing strength will promote a higher work capacity at higher intensities. Simply put, if a 135# barbell "feels" like a 95# barbell due to increased strength, an individual will be better able to move that load quickly and with fewer breaks, which equates to a higher WORK capacity!!! Pretty straight forward, right?!
If for some reason this is still not sinking in....you can always analyze RESULTS. CrossFit is a "results-based fitness program".
Last week, many of the athletes in my classes set new PR's(personal records), as I am sure of many of the classes at CC due to this new program structure.
- Cassie Mason set two PR's!!! One for the deadlift - 195# from 165# - and Back Squat - 100# from 85#.
- Brian S. set a new DL PR of 405# from 385#.
- Mary de'S...Old DL PR 190# - New PR 225#.
- Jim C. PR'ed his DL from 335# to 355#.
- Antoine H. jumped from 335# to 365# within 1 month!!!
- Cecily B. also jumped up from a 225# DL to a 235# DL in less than a month!!!!
- David B. set a new DL at 275#, and had some HUGE body composition changes!!!
There are many more, but I think you get the idea...THIS S*#T WORKS!!! Congrats to all!!! Keep up the great work!